Process Journal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Testing Time

Go down

Testing Time Empty Testing Time

Post by Miles Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:25 pm

As given in my planning, I contacted the volunteers for the testing today. I only could reach one of them, because the others were ill or simply not online - but I will send them the link tomorrow. I told the person I could reach that she would have time until Tuesday and that I would be happy about a feedback.

The link to the finished product can be found here.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/141948600/

Furthermore, I would like to state, why I decided against a survey.
It has only a defined range of questions, that may or may not be answered personally. You could miss important informations, that you did not think about. If you tell your testers, they should give you a personal feedback and a rating from 1-10, they will more likely tell what is important to them and what else they discovered, that you did not think of.
I decided to put a rating from 1-10 into my feedback instructions, since I want to know, how positive the game was seen by the testers to determine if it is a good one, like i mentioned in my own criteria.

Last edited by Miles on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miles
Miles
Admin

https://process-journal.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Testing Time Empty Re: Testing Time

Post by Miles Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:32 am

Today I already got a feedback from two people. Since they were both German, they preferred the conversation to be held in German, which I did not want to discuss. So I will simply show the screenshots in German and translate, what's necessary to know.

The first person I talked to was Maria She had some very valuable critic points:
- She bugged into the floor all the time
-> I already checked this one, I can't really change anything more than I already did sadly.

- I should add something at the beginning, telling the player, what to touch and what not to touch.
-> I decided to do a picture this afternoon, explaining what should not be touched, unless you want to loose a life or die.

- The text is going to fast. For her as a non-native speaker, she had problems reading at that speed.
-> I will, after ending this journal entry, make the time slower, so that everybody can read it. Maybe I will change the variable from 2 seconds to 3 or 4.

Points for the quality of the Game (out of 10): 4
Why? For her standards, it is too bugged and she claims to not be able to solve the game at all. I suggest that this is not because of the game but because of the laptop since I can walk through the whole game as well as other people.
~~~~~~~~~

The next person I spoke to, was Celine.
- She also suggested that the dialogues are going too fast to read.
-> Since Maria also told me about this issue, you can find my solution to that in heir critic points above.

- In general, she loved the art I did, so this is a positive response for me, showing, that not everything is bugged

Points for the quality of the Game (out of 10): 7,5-8
Why?She really liked the art I drew for the game an the concept. But on the other hand she said, that the bugs are kind of getting on your nerves.

In general, I am very happy with the feedback. It is a good way for me to have the game seen from an another perspective and being pointed towards issues, that I haven't noticed so that I can make it even better.
I am still waiting for 2 people to reply.

Last edited by Miles on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miles
Miles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miles Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:01 pm

Today I received my last test results. Since one of the Participants is ill I have only 3 feedbacks - but I think that is doing it as well.

The last and third tester was Maximilla.
She is a complete noob to gaming, so it was interesting to see how she would get along with this game.

- Her first critique since she is not a good English speaker was that the text is still going to fast.
-> I changed this again already to 4 or 5 seconds. I realized that I should set a speed that seems slow for me since I am used to using English all the way throughout my day.

- She told me that the Information about the life is not shown in level 2 and 3 which I already noticed as well
-> I tried to solve this problem already, but it seems like the sprite is covering it
-> I will come back to this maybe later

- Also, Max pointed out that Miles walking animation is kind of "not walking"
-> I already tried to fix this sometimes but a moving animation is not working with the platform script
-> When I get an enlighting idea I will go back and fix this issue for sure

- Furthermore, she told me that she could not solve Level 3 since she got stuck everytime in front of the portal which ends the game
-> I already changed the color which should make it work now. I realized that this color was too similar with the color of the flag which caused the player to be teleported back to the beginning of Level 3

Points for the quality of the Game (out of 10): 7,5
Again, she liked the graphics as well and the effort I put into making this game. She would like to maybe see more from it. And also she had fun playing it!

----
To now combine the result of the feedback-orientated on the ratings, we can see that 67% of the Players were/would be happy when playing the game. Judging this against my own criteria it is too less (75% was my standard). Actually, I think that if I could have done more, more people would have been happier (the bug fixes would be solved maybe and the art would be more detailed), but my planning wasn't good enough, so I still should blame myself. Next time I will try to be more organized and to fix earlier on what I can achieve to have more time to actually complete the game.
Miles
Miles
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum