Process Journal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Developing own Criteria

Go down

Developing own Criteria  Empty Developing own Criteria

Post by Miles Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Today in the Personal Project lesson, we were told about refining our Criteria. I think this is a creat opportunity to do this now since we are aware of more things after our Research. To show the development I want to quote my former criteria first.
I wrote:1. I want to have a full storyline and put it completely into the game.  
-> Did I think of a complete storyline with characters and plots that is completly in the game?
2.Did I connect the story successful with the impact of scientific and technological innovations on our community and environment?
3. I want to make the cover looking like it is from a company/professional.  
-> Does the cover look professional, fits the game and gives the needed informations?
4. It is successful when the feedback from players is positive.  
-> Is the feedback from people who played positive to at least 50%? (Do a survey!)
5. I want to do at least 1 hour of gameplay, but try to make a lot more.   -> Was I able to put 1h of Gameplay into this or more?
6. Does the cover make people read it and does it give the needed information?
7. Am I satisfied with the game by myself? Do I like what I did?

I will now slowly go through all of them, showing the chances I made and why.
1. I want to have a full storyline and put it completely into the game.
-> Did I think of a complete storyline with characters and plots that is completly in the game?

I will leave the first criteria like it is, since it is possible to put a whole storyline into a game, even when it is short. Therefore I won't make any changes, because play time does not influence this part of the criteria.
Hence, I wont change the second point as well, since this is also not influenced by the game time/play time and is possible to put into reality independent from those variables.

3. I want to make the cover and game looking like it is from a company/professional more advanced scratcher.
-> Does the cover and the game look professional, fits the game and gives the needed information?

I noticed that I completely forgot to put the actual game into the criteria. Furthermore I discovered through my research, that I wont be able to make game or cover as professional as a company, since scratch is not laid out to make a whole game - its more like a sandbox, where everybody can test their skills in programming. Therefore I put this criteria down to a still highly challenging but now reachable level.

4. It is successful when the feedback from players is positive.
-> Is the feedback from people who played positive to at least 50% 70%? (Do a survey!)

I decided to put the expectations of this part higher, since 50% seems to be to less to make sure that it is really successful. If only half of the players likes it, it must not be that good. So I changed the percentage to 60%. Furthermore, while thinking about the criteria itself, I decided to put two or 1 week of testing into my new planning calendar.

5. I want to do at least 1 hour 20 Minutes of gameplay, but try to make a lot more. -> Was I able to put 1h20 Minutes of Gameplay into this or more?
I need to shorten the Gametime for sure. Like my research showed, a team with more than 10 people needs even in a big company almost a year until they finish a new game (or two) with 4 hours of gameplay. Therefore it is not possible to make the game so long in this short amount of time with only one person and not very good scratch skills.

6. Does the cover make people read look at it and does it give the needed information about the game?
I decided I will leave this criteria like it is, since this is the mainpoint of product advertising and since it is surely possible to achieve this goal.

Last but not least:
7. Am I satisfied with the game by myself? Do I like what I did?[/quote]
Also I will leave this criteria unchanged. As said before, this is also achievable in the amount of time I've got left.

Furthermore I want to add some more criteria, based on my research.

9. Is the story kind of realistic and uses future scientific and technological innovations that I looked up?
10. Did I not rely to heavy on the engine I am working with? Did I do a lot of things by myself and did not the engine let them do?
Miles
Miles
Admin

https://process-journal.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum